Partridge Creek Ranch
Ash Fork, Arizona
- $ 4,000,000.00 Cash/conventional
- +/- 83,557 acres of deeded, state lease and private grazing
- 150×260 riding arena
Conveniently located south of the I-40 between Ash Fork and Seligman Arizona and stretching south towards Paulden is the vast expanse of the Partridge Creek Ranch. Totalling +/- 83,557 acres of deeded, state lease and private grazing, this working cattleman’s ranch runs 800 CYL. Plentiful feed and water as well as easy access make this ranch the total package for the rancher looking to run a large operation.
- Climate: The climate in Ash Fork is temperate and has all four seasons, with 14 inches of rain per year and 8 inches of snow. Most of the rain comes in the monsoon season between June to September. The winters are not harsh and ice rarely needs to be chopped. The highs in July average 91 degrees and the winter average low in January is 24.
- Grasses and Vegetation: The ranch is located at 5,000 feet elevation in a juniper/pinyon pine habitat with open grasslands, ridges and canyons. Browse and grass species consistent with Central Arizona juniper forest habitat are diverse and plentiful providing excellent feed for the entire year. A few of the grasses and browse species on the ranch include: Grama grass, Foxtail, Squirrel Tail, Blue Stem, Western Wheat, Indian Wheat, Filaree, Bear Grass, Gaietta, Tobossa, Vine Mesquite, Foxtail Barley.
- Improvements: The Headquarters of the ranch is located just 3 miles south of I-40 at the Crookton Rd exit, access is from Arizona Road. The quaint owners home is a block construction with stucco exterior with four bedroom two and a half bathrooms and wrap around porches top and bottom. The home was remodeled in 2020, unique finishes throughout the interior include custom wood countertops, an open air two storey dining room and saltillo tile lower story make for comfortable and functional living. Power is provided by solar with a large diesel backup generator and water is hauled from the nearby town of Ash Fork. A large 15,000 gallon storage for the house means that water hauling is easy to manage and a monthly task for a family. Heat is provided via wood stove and propane wall heaters and cooling is by ceiling fans.
The shop located at the headquarters is complete with concrete floor, oversized roll up door, insulation and has a wood stove, keeping it warm in the cool of winter.
The Hay/horse barn is more than adequate, 84×42 ft, and a 12 ft lean-to shade for horses on one side with two full walls the lean to and runs off the east side consist of 5 12×24 pipe runs and 1 24×24 run. The roof is guttered and plumbed into a 12,000 gallon storage tank on the rear of the barn which is prepped for a solar pipeline from a nearby reservoir.
Shipping corrals are railroad tie/ board construction and have a Semi Load out and new Powder River Squeeze Chute. They are functional and make it easy to work large numbers of cattle horseback.
Arena, there is a large 150×260 riding arena with improved dirt at the headquarters, it is set up to be a roping arena.
+/- 412 acres deeded
+/- 82,700 private grazing and mineral rights secured by a lawful deed
+/- 480 ASLD
- Water : Throughout the ranch is a series of dirt tanks, springs, and seasonal livewater, in addition, two well agreements are in place. The current owner is working with the NRCS and has several projects in place to continue to improve the functionality of the ranch. One of the projects is the installation of another well on the ranch in 2023 with one hundred percent of the cost being covered by NRCS. Monsoon rains replenish the stores of water throughout the ranch but a strategic set up for hauling water in dry times has also been established.
- PRF: The ranch is not currently enrolled in PRF but is enrolled in NAP with the USDA, 83,557 acres are verified and able to be enrolled in two grids, further information is available upon request.
- Wildlife: Mule deer, bear, mountain lion, elk, coyote, quail and javelina
- Local Area: The town of Ash Fork has a great school and basic amenities and is a short 8 mile drive from the Headquarters, there is a school but that picks up kids from just off the ranch. The school is A rated and has earned multiple blue ribbons for academics, and is large enough to have all the sporting teams kids would want to participate in. There is one restaurant, post office and a family dollar. For grocery shopping, the towns of Williams or Chino Valley are a short drive further from Ash Fork and Prescott and Flagstaff are 50 and 60 miles from headquarters respectively. Prescott Livestock Auction is located just 45 minute drive from the headquarters and shipping corrals.
- Overview: Partridge Creek Ranch offers a large area of cattle grazing with capabilities of running high numbers of animal units with low overhead cost. Improvements on the ranch, coupled with a desirable climate make this offering a comfortable and functional cowman’s operation. The current owners have done a number of water improvements and developed strong relationships with both the NRCS and Game and Fish to continue developing improvements throughout the ranch, the projects which are currently designed will transfer to the new owner. Owner’s legal right to graze cattle on neighboring private lands is secured by a lawful, recorded deed. There is no government interference regarding cattle stocking rates, management plans, carrying capacities, utilization rates, etc.. Carrying capacity and resource utilization as well as the construction and maintenance of range improvements is left to the discretion of the owner enhancing the opportunity to make this a profitable cattle ranch. The ranch is currently stocked with good quality cattle which could be available by private treaty.
Terms: $ 4,000,000.00 Cash/conventional
** Cattle available by separate treaty
Owner is a licensed real estate agent in the state of Arizona
Contact: Angela Leist @ (928) 551-0330
Contact: Tamra Kelly @ (928) 830-9127
For More Information
Cell: (928) 830-9127
*This information was obtained from sources deemed to be reliable but is not guaranteed by the broker. Prospective buyers should check all the facts to their satisfaction. The property is subject to prior sale, price change, or withdraw.