Southern Arizona |Greenlee County, Arizona
- Total acreage – +/- 40
- Deeded Acreage: +/- 40
SECLUSION, PRIVACY, SECURITY and SELF-SUSTAINING, this turn-key ranch is located in Eastern Arizona. It offers the perfect opportunity to live a self-sufficient lifestyle, removed from the rigors, pressures, and concerns associated with the expanding urbanization of the west. The 40+/- acre deeded inholding is in the heart of the Apache Sitgreaves National Forest. This property is located at the end of Forest Service Road 217L off of Upper Eagle Creek Road.
The headquarters includes a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house, 10’x12’ greenhouse, carport/machine shed, shop, walk-in box/cooler, 20’ cargo container for storage, and barn with a tack room. It also includes a dog pen, bird pen, tractor shed, raised bed garden, fruit trees, a windmill with a simple pump unit, solar panels and batteries, a generator, propane heat & lights, as well as a wood stove insert and old fashioned wood cookstove. This ranch offers 10 acres to farm and 3 potential helicopter pads. A gravel airstrip is nearby. Middle Prong Creek is seasonal and runs approximately 100 ft from the house where it then flows into Eagle Creek. The gardens and orchards provide sufficient produce allowing the owners to meet their personal needs while generating additional income from local farmers markets.
Middle Prong Ranch contains 3 registered wells along with water rights. The irrigation well with a 10 inch casing provides 100 gpm. There are approximately 10 acres of farmable ground along with adequate water rights to irrigate. Summers are never too hot and the winters are mild with an occasional snow storm. In addition there are harvestable hardwoods on the property.
This ranch is located in Arizona game management hunt unit 27. Along the Eagle Creek watershed in the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest. This remote property offers offers excellent Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetail, Turkey, Lion, and Bear hunting with record-book animals recently taken on the surrounding USFS land. Motorized access of Unit 27 is extremely limited and accessible only by foot or horseback making Middle Prong Ranch an excellent location for a hunting/outfitting operation. In addition, nearby Eagle Creek provides good fishing opportunities for smallmouth bass and other warm water species. Enjoy swimming holes and picnics along the banks of Eagle all easily accessible from the headquarters.
- Location: The 40+/- acre deeded inholding is in the heart of the Apache Sitgreaves National Forest and located at the end of a forest service road 217L, giving you maximum privacy. The closest services are approximately 47 miles south of the ranch in the small town of Morenci, Arizona. Safford, Arizona offers more services and is 93 miles from the ranch. The nearest large city is Tucson at 220 miles southwest of the ranch.
- Land Tenure: 40 +/- Deeded Acres, two parcels one 5 acre and an adjacent 35 acre parcel. Taxes were $+/-260 a year.
- Precipitation: Average annual precipitation is 18 inches per year. Occasional snows occur during the winter.
- Improvements: There are three wells maintained, and an adorable home at the headquarters. The main home is a three bedroom, two bath house with a wood burning stove, formal dining room, large kitchen, living room and laundry/mud room. Additional improvements include: new metal roof 2018, new electric well pump with simple pump unit 2018, new septic system 2017, new floor coverings 2016, and new appliances 2016.
- Water: The ranch is well watered. Middle Prong Creek is a seasonal stream that runs through the middle of the ranch. There are 3 registered wells along with water rights.
100′ between house and creek(55-509721) 30gpm
100′ windmill (55-508165)35 gpm
50′ w/10″ casing- irrigation well just past barn
(55-508166) 100 gpm
Water right certificate: BB-547.0002
- Orchard: The orchard has established apples, pears, and pear/apples trees. On a good year orchard yields approximately 150 lbs of each fruit.
- Garden: These plants have been successful grown each year: tomatoes, bell peppers, eggplant, onions, garlic, beets, broccoli, brussel sprouts, asparagus, cabbage, squash, sweet potatoes, fava beans, lettuce, kale, spinach, spearmint, dill, Italian beans, rhubarb. This garden has produced enough to fill your freezer and share with a neighbor or sell to the local farmers market.
- Greenhouse Garden: The greenhouse garden has been used to produce cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelons, pumpkins, corn, artichokes, red potatoes, waltham butternut squash and green beans.
- Field Crops: Milo, oats, winter rye, and field corn have been grown to use for pasture grazing.
- Wildlife: Mule deer, Whitetail deer, bear, turkey, mountain lion, elk, coyote, quail and javelina.
- Utilities: Completely off grid, the ranch is powered by an Outback Solar system complete with batteries and solar panels. Internet and phone services are available by satellite. The appliances are propane gas and an old fashioned cook stove helps to heat and cook. A septic system services the home.
- Property Taxes: approximately $260 (2020)
- Equipment: The ranch purchase includes additional equipment, a list is available upon request.
- Additional information: This is a well maintained, beautiful and unique property allowing various opportunities for self sustaining lifestyles, hunting, outfitting, guest ranch, private retreat or small farm. The property has been owned by the same family for over 20 years. Its diversity and natural resources make this property a good value for anyone looking for a highly improved one of a kind property.
This information was obtained from sources deemed reliable but is not guaranteed by the broker. Prospective buyers should check all the facts to their satisfaction. The property is subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal.
For More Information
- Cell: (928) 308-6505
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cell: (928) 830-9127
- E-mail: email@example.com
*This information was obtained from sources deemed to be reliable but is not guaranteed by the broker. Prospective buyers should check all the facts to their satisfaction. The property is subject to prior sale, price change, or withdraw.